In Souls on Fire: Portraits and Legends of Hasidic Masters, Elie Wiesel reenters, like an impassioned pilgrim, the universe of Hasidism. "When I am asked about my Jewish affiliation, I define myself as a Hasid, " writes the author. "Hasid I was, Hasid I remain". Yet Souls on Fire is not a simple chronological history of Hasidism, nor is it a comprehensive book on its subject. Rather, Elie Wiesel has captured the essence of Hasidism through tales, legends, parables, sayings, and deeply personal reflections. His book is a testimony, not a study. Hasidism is revealed from within and not analyzed from the outside. "Listen attentively, " Elie Wiesel's grandfather told him, "and above all, remember that true tales are meant to be transmitted - to keep them to oneself is to betray them". As a critic appearing on the front page of The New York Times Book Review has written, "The judgment has been offered before: Elie Wiesel is one of the great writers of this generation". Wiesel does not merely tell us, but draws, with the hand of a master, the portraits of the leaders of the movement that created a revolution in the Jewish world. Souls on Fire is a loving, personal affirmation of Judaism, written with words and with silence. The author brings his profound knowledge of the Bible, the Talmud, Kabbala, and the Hasidic tale and song to this masterpiece, showing us that Elie Wiesel is perhaps our generation's most fervid "soul on fire".
Pirkei Avot: Ethics of the Fathers
Understanding The Seven Universal Laws One By One:
Each of the seven sessions focuses on a different Noahide Law.Holy Hill Noahide Community: An Introduction to Derech Noahide:
Rabbi Aryel Nachman ben Chaim and Shlomo Phillips share a unique Torah consistent presentation of the Seven Universal Laws that makes these ancient legal codes relavant to our modern times
Rabbi Aryel Nachman ben Chaim and Shlomo Phillips share a unique Torah based introduction into the Way of the Seven Universal Laws.Sefer Iyov -- The Book of Job
Rabbi Aryel Nachman ben Chaim and Shlomo Phillips share their insights into this incredible book.Rebbe Nachman of Breslov's Dream:
Rabbi Aryel Nachman ben Chaim and Shlomo Phillips share their insights into this incredible revelation Rebbe Nachman of Breslov.The Path of the Just
Shlomo Phillips reads and discusses The Path of the Just (Mesillas Yesharim) by Rabbi Moshe Chaim Luzzato (aka the Ramchal) is translated into English by Rabbi Yosef Leibler for Torah Classics Library. Buy the book HERE.The Garden of Emuna
Note: A free PDF Version is available.
Shlomo Phillips reads and discusses this inspiring book by Rav Shalom Arush. The English translation is by Rav Lazer Brody. Buy the book HERE
Into the Balance:
Two Interviews with David Bozarth by Shlomo Phillips May 4, 2017
Teshuvah: Finding Forgiveness
Audio only September 06, 2015: Chapter 5: pp. 30 - 35.
Don't Blame HaShem!: The Roll of Free Will
The Golden Rule: Don't Convert the Jews:
Be Our Friends, Don't Try And Convert Us:
July 28, 2015
A Message About Tisha B'Av
July 28, 2015
A Message About The Month of Elul
August 12, 2015
Text version: http://allfaith.com/holidays/elul.html
An Odd Dream For Elul!
The text version is here.
A Shema Secret
More AllFaith.com videos More to come!
There are more videos and audios spread throughout the AllFaith.com domain.
I invite you to connect with me on My Facebook or visit my contact page, which includes my AllFaith.com Facebook Wall. Your questions, comments, and corrections are always invited.
Shlomo Phillips: I am the main author here at AllFaith.com. I hold an MA in World Religion Studies, an Interfaith counselling degree, and various other religious certificates. I am a talmid (student) of Rebbe Aryel Nachman ben Chaim, founder of the Chassidic House of Seven Beggars and Rosh of Der Alte Weg Chassidus.
The Ranbach, Rabbi Aryel Nachman Ben Chaim, is my Rebbe and an awesome online source for genuine Judaism and Chassidus: His Website.Here is my Jewish lineage through him:
For more information on the Ranbach see a selection of his writings at AllFaith.com here. Experience his teachings live or recorded on You Tube.
- Rebbe Yisroel Baal Shem Tov (1698-1760), founder of Hasidism to his disciple,
- Rebbe Dov Ber (1710-1772), the Maggid of Mezritch to his disciple,
- Rebbe Elimelech of Lizhensk (1717-1786), the Noam Elimelech to his disciple,
- Rebbe Yaakov Yitzchak (1745-1815), the Chozeh of Lublin to his disciple,
- Rebbe Moshe Teitelbaum of Ujhely (1759-1841), the Yismach Moshe to his son,
- Rebbe Eluzer Nissan Teitelbaum of Drubitsch (1786-1854) to his son,
- Rebbe Yekusiel Yehuda Teitelbaum of Sighet (1808-1883), the Yetev Lev to his son,
- Rebbe Chananyah Yom Tov Lipa Teitelbaum of Sighet (1836-1904), the Kedushas Yom Tov to his eldest son,
- Rebbe Chaim Tzvi Teitelbaum of Sighet (1884-1926), the Atzei Chaim, to his youngest brother,
- Rebbe Yoel Teitelbaum (1887-1979), Satmar Rebbe to,
- Rebbe Hayyim ben David (Joseph) Gelberman (1912 - 2010) the New Yorker Rebbe,
- Rebbe Aryel Nachman ben Chaim, the Ranbach, founder of Der Alte Weg Chassidus,
- Shlomo Nachman Phillips, Der Alte Weg Chassidus, MA Religious studies, Interfaith Institute degree, 40 plus years of studying the world's religions with an emphasis on "Abrahamic" and Indian religions.
Holy Hill Noahide
Der Alte Weg
Boycott Jew Hatred!
Chicoans For Israel